Sunday, September 12, 2010

Rainy day craft idea- Milk Money Wallet

Today it's a damp, rainy, fall day and the kids are somewhat listless.  Instead of watching cartoons all afternoon, we visited one of our favorite craft  websites for some arts and crafts inspiration.
We unanimously chose this craft project to make.  (Well, I persuaded them.  I liked that it costs nothing to make, it's geared toward a 4 and 6 year old's interest and practical all at the same time)
 

It's a Milk Money Wallet/Purse.  It may not look much to you or I but to a 6 and 4 year old,  it's a fabulous little craft.
This craft is ideal for children responsible enough to carry their milk money/change to school with them. Sapphire preferred a purse so I added a ribbon strap.  

 
For a full set of instructions or to watch the step by step video you can visit the family fun website
You could decorate it to suit your child's interest but I wanted to keep the milk carton pictures the focus, since it is a "milk money wallet" after all.
Why not give a go?  Oh my, I think I've watched one too many episodes of "Mister Maker" !!!
I'm just repeated his catch phrase.
Anyone recognize what brand of milk we buy?  Only the best, Kawartha Dairy Milk 

0 comments: